Sunday, August 25, 2013

Movie Review: Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

So I finally got to see CoB today, and I thought it was fantastic. Now that doesn't mean I thought it was the best movie adaption I've seen, but it was a lot better than most (Percy Jackson). Even though some parts were out of order at the beginning, they stayed true to the dialogue, and I loved it. Of course they didn't have everything in the movie, they had extra scenes that weren't in the book, like Jocelyn being kidnapped and Clary and Jace's conversation about why she's been drawing the runes.

 
The acting was great, I almost cried. Almost. Especially when Simon said, "I'm the one who's always been there for you, not him." I basically lost it. Every character did an awesome job portraying their characters. I didn't see Jamie on screen, I saw Jace. When one of them got hurt or tortured, in Luke's case, I died a little bit inside. It just felt real, I don't know how to put it in any other way.
 
 
 
Every great movie has fight scenes! Okay so not every movie, but this one had quite a few of 'em. I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for fight scenes. There was the one when the two guys-- I think it was Pangborn and Blackwell, I don't remember their names--were trying to find the cup, the one at the hotel Dumort, and the one between Jace and Valentine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's all of them. They left me on the edge of my seat with my eyes glued to the screen.
 
Sadly, I couldn't find a picture of Jocelyn beating the crap out of the guy with a frying pan, but here's a picture of Simon shirtless, instead.
 
 
All in all, the movie was great, filled with action, romance, humor, and a great--and maybe confusing--plot. (I just don't want to go into further detail) If you haven't seen the movie yet but have read the books, I highly suggest you don't spend your time comparing the movie to the book. Yes, they got stuff wrong, but it's still a good movie. For the people who haven't seen it, go see it. That's all I'm saying. Tell me what you thought of the movie in the comments.
 
 
Now, I have to get back to fangirling about the Divergent trailer.
 
-Lauren
 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment