Monday, August 5, 2013

Hardcover vs. Paperback

I don't know which one you prefer, but I honestly have mixed opinions with both. Let's start with some pros and cons.

Hardcover

Pros:
  • They last longer than paperbacks.
  • They're more durable.
  • The pages don't tear as easily, since they're thicker.
Cons:

  • The binding isn't all that great after a while.
  • The spine gets separated from the binding.
  • The dust jacket tends to get creased, torn, folded, ect.
  • The corners of the book itself tends to curve inward.
  • It costs more than the paperback. 
Paperback

Pros:

  • It's cheaper.
  • It's smaller compared to the hardcover.
  • It's easier to carry around.

Cons:

  • The cover starts to peel. (That's what happened to my copy of City of Bones.You can check that book out here.)
  • It has smaller print. 
  • If the pages get wet, it's harder to dry the pages.
  • It's easier to ruin because of the thin pages. 
The reason to this post is because I think that there are some books that are special and deserve to be in hardcover, and there are some books where you just feel that you should have it in paperback. And then there's the ones that you can't decide on, so you grab the first copy you see. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I hope this helped in any way possible. Feel free to tell me your opinions in the comments and follow.

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment