Monday, August 26, 2013

Divergent Trailer

I GOT LAZY AND DIDN'T REVIEW THIS UNTIL, LIKE, A WEEK AFTER THE TRAILER CAME OUT. Oops

Let's talk about the Divergent trailer, shall we? Now if you haven't heard of/read Divergent, here's how it goes: It's a dystopian YA novel (trilogy?) written by Veriniaca Roth. Now I know what you're thinking. Oh, it's just another typical YA book in a dystopian world with a love triangle, blah, blah, blah. Wrong. The book takes place in a futuristic Chicago where everything's separated into factions, Erutide, Amity, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Candor. Together, the leaders of those factions rule the government. At the age if sixteen, you get to choose whether to stay or leave your faction. Our main character, Beatrice (Tris) Prior, leaves Agnegation and chooses Dauntless, and then stuff happens. That's all I'm gonna tell you. Oh, and there isn't a love triangle. Let's get on with the actual review. 

"The future belongs to those who know where they belong." Jeanine Matthews. Excellent choice, Summit. She has the right characteristics: blonde hair, blue eyes, ect. But that doesn't really matter to me, whether or not they look like how the author described them in the books. With just that one line, I got chills. I think she'll be great.


Here's a thing I don't get: why is everything orange? I mean, look at this.

    


Everything looks amazing. Everything looks suspenseful, thrilling, exciting, ect. I got chills throughout the whole flippin' trailer. And for me, that never happens. Usually, I'm really critical about trailers, but I actually think they'll do a good job with this. The acting's really good, and I don't really have anything bad to say.

BUT CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THAT KISS?! 


Tell me what you think in the comments, what you liked and didn't like and whether you think the movie's gonna be good or not.

-Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment