Thursday, May 22, 2014

Book Review: Ninety Degrees by Megan Duke (#3)

Okay, so here's my real review of Ninety Degrees. I finished it on Friday, when I should've started studying for exams, oh well, no harm done, right? Once again, Megan has done it again, with new characters, new settings, and new things to be uncovered, she wrote yet another book that I absolutely loved.

Whenever there are new characters added into a story, I'm always scared that I'll end up despising them or something, but with Ninety Degrees, there's nothing to fear. I was really excited to see--or shall I say read--Silas' side of the story. I mean, he is dating Larson after all, even though that's at the end of the book. Enter Charleigh, the girl with the pink in her hair and lyrics on her sneakers, the free spirit. It didn't take me long at all to fall in love with her, probably because I want to be her. Okay, not necessarily be her, so to say, but have her personality and free spirit; that's one of the things I love about her. And of course there's Logan, the best friend to the other two, aren't they lucky? Of course they are. I absolutely adore these three, so much that I wish I could pluck them from the pages and call them my own. I love how they're so diverse from each other, and their friendship isn't all rainbows and dauntless cake. What else do you expect from a Megan Duke book?

There were so many conflicts throughout the novel that just tore me apart, I loved it. I loved how there were inner-character conflicts as well as character-to-character conflicts. It felt as this was happening and as if I'm the bystander. Say, for instance, Tucker stealing the drugs from Logan for Maddox. That just broke my heart into a thousand pieces, right there, folks. It's like Megan just took any ole person walking down the street and decided, hey, I like you and threw them into the story, and I loved that.

The plot was just mind-blowing, truly fantastic. I still can't wrap my mind around it, it left me pretty speechless. No, really, I don't know what to say, well, type. So I'll make this brief: I loved it.

I'm sorry that this review is shorter than the other two, personally, I blame exams for frying my thought process, but I feel like I can't express the awesomeness of these books--and Megan herself--enough. If you haven't read Ninety Degrees, or Small Circles, well what are you waiting for? Go, go, go, and pick up your copy now.

P.S. Thanks again, Megan, for the copy and poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment